As a STARS student you:
- Can earn an accelerated Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry, genetics and cell biology, microbiology or neuroscience in as little as 3 years.
- Earn a doctorate in as little as 7 years after leaving high school.
- Have one-on-one research and advising mentorship starting your freshman year.
- Will finish your first year of graduate coursework in your senior year.
- Are part of a small group of some of the top biomedical students in the country.
Where will the STARS program take you?
STARS students go on to medical school, dental school, veterinary school, or pharmacy school or immediately begin their careers in science, health, or medicine.
STARS graduates are:
- Students in medical training programs at top universities such as the Mayo Clinic
- Medical educational professionals
- Postdoctoral researchers at prestigious research institutions
- AAAS Science and Technology Policy fellows
- Patent Attorneys
Neuroscience grad student lands National Science Foundation fellowship
Julianna Brutman, a graduate student in the Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine’s Neuroscience Graduate Program receives prestigious award.